Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hashbrown Casserole

This is certainly a recipe that's been around for a long time ... and one that I'm sure many of you have, and have made often.  But I'm planning to include this in dinner that I'm taking to my dad this weekend ... so thought I'd go ahead and post it here.

1 Bag of Frozen Hash Browns
1 (10 oz.) Can "Cream of ....." Soup (I prefer Cream of Celery ... but use whatever you like)
1 Pint Sour Cream
2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Melted Butter or Margarine
1 Pkg. Onion Soup Mix
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 11 X 14 baking dish with cooking spray.

Mix all ingredients together, except butter, and place in prepared pan.  Drizzle with the butter and bake for about 45 minutes, or until bubbling and brown on top.

TAKE NOTE:  I thaw my hash browns usually.  I normally only use about 1/2 to 3/4 of the Onion Soup Mix.  I find that using the entire package makes it a bit too salty for my taste.  I also omit the salt.  These are sinfully rich, and so easy to make.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment