Friday, March 11, 2011

Company Casserole

This is a recipe I found years ago in a Mennonite Cookbook.  It’s kind of like Lasagna.  I love this recipe so much that I haven’t made Lasagna since I found it!

¾ lb. Hamburger
1 pkg. Dry Spaghetti Sauce Mix
1 (15 oz.) can Tomato Sauce
½ C. Sour Cream
1 C. Cottage Cheese
8 oz. pkg. of Cream Cheese
12 oz. pkg. Egg Noodles (wide or fancy cut)
3 T. Melted Butter or Margarine

Brown and drain hamburger.  Stir in dry mix and tomato sauce.  Simmer.  I also like to add 1 can of sliced black olives.  I add them right into the sauce while it simmers.  Cream the 3 cheeses together.  Cook noodles and drain.  Put half the noodles in baking dish.  Cover with cheese mixture.  Add other half of noodles.  Top with meat mixture.  Drizzle with melted butter.  Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until it bubbles.

NOTE:  This is the BASIC recipe.  Once you’ve made it you can adjust things to your taste.  I normally just use the 1 package of cream cheese – but SELDOM do I use only ½ C. of Sour Cream and/or 1 C. of Cottage Cheese.  Same with the hamburger – the amount depends more on what I have on hand and want/need to use up.   I don’t always drizzle the melted butter on top … but it really does make it taste a little more “extra good”.  This is a super easy recipe … ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment