Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What Do You Collect?

I'm back ... or MAYBE I'm back!!!  It's been almost a year since I last made a blog post.  I felt like I was just starting to roll with my blog, really just getting the hang of it, when I was hit with a very upsetting and life-changing moment in my life ... I lost my job.  I plan to post more about this past year in upcoming posts ... but for now here's what got me excited about posting today ...

From the Flea Market Style Magazine Blog: 
What do you love to collect?
What makes your heart go pitter-pat when you spot it at a flea market? How many items are in your biggest collection? We're working on an article for an upcoming issue of Flea Market Style magazine, and we'd love to know what's on your "I -have-to-buy-that-for-my-collection-list!"  We may use your answer in our magazine, so let us hear from you!

My Response:

SCHILLING! Schilling Coffee Tins, Tea Tins, and Spice Tins. Schilling Baking Powder Tins, Schilling Glass Coffee Jars, and Schilling Cookbooks. Schilling Extract Bottles, and various Schilling advertising items including "paper dolls". I have items from the late 1800's through the 1970's ... but the bulk of my items are from the 1920's, 30's & 40's. I would estimate I have at least 400 items in my collection ... been collecting for around 30 years and have most of it displayed. Not a lot of "I-have-to-buy-that-for-my-collection-list!" items ... but am ALWAYS on the lookout for something I've never seen, or something that is in better condition that what I already have. I love my SCHILLING!

I wonder if I have a chance of being chosen??  I thought it would at least be fun to try!



2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous collection! I love the impact it has all gathered together. And who doesn't like red?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! so glad you're back to blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete